Unleashed allows you to store serial numbers in Unleashed and attach them to related products. You can then mark specified products as ‘serialized’ products with serial numbers on every transaction.
- In the Create New Products page, tag your new product as ‘Serialized’ to allow you to attach serial numbers to this product later on.
- Create a purchase order and/or add suppliers to it
- Receipt or split receipt your purchase order. You can add or remove serial numbers during this step.
- You can then perform a stock adjustment or a stock take. You can add or remove serial numbers during this step.
- Finally, create a sales order and shipment. You can add or remove serial numbers during this step.
See Serial Number Tracking in Unleashed’s help archives for more information.
Diagram of the Serial Number Tracking process
Article by Melanie Chan in collaboration with our team of Unleashed Software inventory and business specialists. Melanie has been writing about inventory management for the past three years. When not writing about inventory management, you can find her eating her way through Auckland.