What is a Shipment?
A shipment is the action of shipping goods which could be the items or goods in stock that need to get transported from one location to another. For example, this could be anything from logs to wheels to toys – any product, item or goods that need to be shipped.
Using Shipments in Unleashed
In Unleashed, if you have Order Management turned off; whenever a sales order is created, so too does the shipment. This then produces a shipping note, which provides the quantity and amount of stock that is going to be delivered with the sales order. Unleashed’s Shipment function gives you the ability to manage shipments, including multiple shipments, all through the shipping process (pick, pack and dispatch).
What you can do with Shipments in Unleashed
When you have Order Management turn on, you have the ability to:
- Create part shipments
- Manage split shipments that provide more efficient shipment management
- Create back orders and purchase order for a back order
- Create a shipment and place a back order at line level.
You can ship what you have now and back order the remainder of the stock.
You can also:
- Access the Shipment Enquiries report page
- Create new shipping companies to use in Unleashed
- Create ship notes, and
- Create a shipment on an order.