Here is a summary of what you need to consider when using the Purchase Order module:
Firstly, make sure you create Suppliers and Products in Unleashed before using the Purchases module.
You can import Suppliers either by:
- Creating them in Unleashed
- Importing them from an old system
- Synchronizing with an accounting provider.
Also bear in mind that when new Suppliers are created, ensure you use meaningful Supplier Codes, for example the name of supplier, or a description of what they supply such as ‘Ben’s Bakers’ which supplying bread could be BEN-BRD. When creating new Suppliers, please also ensure you use a different Supplier Code for each Supplier.
When purchases are made from a Supplier with a foreign currency, then all totals in the purchase order will be in a Supplier’s currency.
Other useful tips:
- Adjust the receipted quantity when you have not received the stock you have ordered.
- Do not receipt a Purchase Order until all costs have been added.
- Do not add tax as a costing to a Purchase Order.
For more information, see Using the Purchase Module.