What are Product Change Codes?
The Product Change Code page in Unleashed is where you can change the product code of an exist product in Unleashed.
You can optionally change codes for single products using the Single tab.
This screenshot shows the Single tab of the Unleashed Product Code page.
Or you can optionally use the Batch tab, this also enables you to import products via a .csv file.
This screenshot shows the Batch tab of the Unleashed Product Change Code page.
How do you use these in Unleashed?
- Choose the product to be changed in the first field marked product.
- You can then enter the new Product code in the New Product Codefield and click Save for this to be changed.
- All transactions with this Product on, including historic transactions, will now show the new Product Code.
To change multiple product codes, you can use the process detailed in the previous screenshot.
- Download the template file and fill it out with all the Product Codes you need to change in the first column.
- In the second column, list the new product codes.
- Upon importing this file, it will make the relevant changes and store it in the log mentioned previously.
See Change Codes for more information.
Article by Melanie Chan in collaboration with our team of Unleashed Software inventory and business specialists. Melanie has been writing about inventory management for the past three years. When not writing about inventory management, you can find her eating her way through Auckland.