For every business that wants to stay competitive, cloud adoption is becoming less of an option and more of a necessity. Cloud-based software are the perfect tool for SMEs to optimise operations and increase efficiencies.
Benefits of cloud software for SMEs
Cloud-based software solutions take a lot of the worry out of running a small business, helping managers to control, plan and monitor inventory stock in real time, improving productivity through a single integrated data site. Some of the many benefits of cloud software for SMEs include:
- Takes the hard work out of managing stock, by eliminating time-consuming, processes and reducing manual errors.
- Stores and maintains valuable files and data with the mobility to access files from the cloud from anywhere, at any time. Changes are saved as they are made, ensuring that all staff are working from the same information avoiding any accidents, mishaps or mistakes.
- Creates custom-built inventory reports to see how well certain products are selling and the channel where they are selling the best. It provides updated intelligence reports and historical data trends and cloud software allows you to set benchmark notifications or even schedule the email delivery of reports to relevant employees.
- Security of valuable data. All your documents and files are automatically backed up and secure so that information is not lost if a systems failure or other disaster were to occur.
- Scalability of a system that will grow and change with your business needs and the flexibility to increase your cloud usage over time, paying only for the access and services you need.
- The ability to see at-a-glance when products are reaching use-by dates and take measures to reduce waste. Streamline operations through batch planning, scheduling and ingredient forecasting.
- Integrate across numerous business functions to create seamlessly efficient and effective businesses.
Cloud-based inventory control
Cloud-based inventory software can help business to work smarter by shifting individual areas of inventory control into a single, easy-to-use software product. It will streamline planning by automating the entire inventory control process, reducing waste and the cost of stock-outs.
Cloud-based inventory control tracks inventory across all channels, from your brick-and-mortar stores to your online eCommerce sites. Orders from individual channels will be reflected in overall inventory levels.
Cloud software provides centralised coordination of essential data from all areas of the business. With an integrated, at-a-glance system, all employees whether from production or sales, can have the same information updated in real-time.
Cloud software grows with your SME
The scalability of cloud-based software means that SMEs can grow their business and increase capacity without the need to replace systems. So whether you are planning to slowly increase capacity or to quickly expand, cloud software will adapt to meet the needs of your business.
Small business owners who want to reduce costs without sacrificing their ability to do business should be putting the cloud to work for their business. By starting small, SMEs can discover the benefits of cloud software without making major changes to their operations and realise new ways to use and benefit from cloud software implementation.